To apply for the Graduate Programme, you must be:
- achieving a B+ average (GPA 6.0) or above in your studies
- available to start February/March 2021
The application process
Make sure you have your CV/, official course transcript, and covering letter (including a statement of what you think you can contribute to Transpower) ready to submit.
- We will list graduate vacancies on our website when applications for the Graduate Programme are open. View all vacancies
- Select the programme or vacancy you're interested in, click 'Apply Now' and follow all instructions to submit your application (you will need to register on our website to apply for the vacancy).
- We will select the strongest candidates for a video interview. This may be followed by a formal panel interview (you will be asked to provide proof of your residency or citizenship prior to the interview).
- If you’re our preferred candidate, you'll be asked to complete several psychometric assessments to help us learn more about you.
- Reference and background checks will be completed.
- Offers will be made to the successful candidates.
We will try to keep you informed about what’s happening at each stage, however as this is a competitive programme attracting a large number of applicants, your patience is appreciated.
If you need to talk to us about your application, please contact the Graduate Programme Coordinator:
- Phone 04 495 7000
- Email us
If you're selected
If you're successful, we will verbally offer you the position followed by formal offer documentation.
We'll keep in touch with you prior to your start date about what's happening at Transpower.
How to register for job alerts
Even if there are no current vacancies that suit your requirements, it's important to be ready. We suggest that you visit our careers page and create a user profile to receive notifications for any new job vacancies. Be sure to click on the "Sign Up" link on the careers page.
Once you have created a profile, you can easily update your details or unsubscribe from job alerts at your convenience.