Apply to the CommunityCare Fund
The Transpower CommunityCare Fund assists those communities affected by Transpower assets and projects by investing in community-based projects that add real value and benefit to the community as a whole.
The fund makes one-off grants for a minimum of $5,000 or a maximum of $50,000 for projects in communities along the existing National Grid route, as well as communities affected by new Transpower projects.
In addition to applications from communities affected by existing transmission assets Transpower allocates CommunityCare funding in relation to new projects. We are currently seeking applications for projects in communities affected by the Wairakei to Whakamaru replacement line project and the Lower South Island and Clutha to Waitaki Lines upgrades.
Applications for this round of funding close on 31 January.
Who can apply for funding?
Any independent, local, non-profit organisation or community group, non-government organisation, charity, school or educational institution, iwi or regional or district council can apply.
The fund is available to all regions throughout New Zealand affected by Transpower assets.
The CommunityCare Fund will consider funding for:
- projects in communities in close proximity to the grid and who are affected by Transpower assets
- one-off projects between $5,000-$50,000
- lasting projects that benefit the wider community
- projects that have a high level of community involvement and participation
- committed projects that have already raised some funds from other sources
The CommunityCare Fund will not consider funding for:
- administrative, operational or ongoing costs, for example, salaries, rent or event costs
- individuals, political organisations or other foundations that make grants
- projects generally funded by the government
- projects that have already been completed
- projects that compromise Transpower's policies for managing the National Grid
How to apply for funding
Funding applications are reviewed twice yearly by the CommunityCare funding panel. The closing dates for applications are 31 January and 31 July.
Successful organisations will be notified in April and September.
To apply for funding download the application form below. Please feel free to attach any other relevant information and use additional paper if necessary.
Send your completed application form and supporting documents to:
Transpower CommunityCare Fund
Transpower New Zealand Ltd
PO Box 1021
Alternatively, you can email a scanned copy of your application to us.
Please ensure you keep a copy of your funding application.
|National Grid route map [ pdf 613.47 KB ]|
|CommunityCare Fund Brochure [ pdf 520.92 KB ]|
|CommunityCare Fund Application Guidelines [ pdf 219.97 KB ]|
|CommunityCare Fund Application Form [ pdf 278.56 KB ]|
|CommunityCare Fund Application Form (editable version) [ doc 668 KB ]|
If you have any queries please contact us:
- Phone: 04 590 7005
- Email the CommunityCare Fund