Outage planning is managed by the Grid Asset Operations Outage Planning & Co-ordination Team.
Approach to 2018 outage planning
- Our Works Outage Planners are busy compiling our draft outage plan for the next year, and are on track to publish and share this with you by 31 January 2018. In previous years, we have hosted regional Outage Protocol forums around New Zealand.
- In 2018, will be merging our Outage Protocol forums with our quarterly Stakeholder Forum event series. We believe this approach is a more efficient and effective way of engaging face to face with industry: inviting participants to one consolidated event each quarter rather than multiple sessions throughout the year.
- At the May 2018 Stakeholder Forum, we will present our proposed outage plan to attendees, and invite participants to comment and make representations. This will allow adequate time for us to incorporate any changes prior to the publication of the final plan.
- We will continue to meet with generators, lines companies and direct connect customers each February, to review the draft plan and align work for the benefit of both parties.
What we do
We focus on the following areas:
- managing operational risk
- providing information in a timely manner
- identifying, analysing, mitigating and managing risk
- maintaining outage impact information
- producing a two-year Outage Plan
- collaborating with Works Planning and other stakeholders to ensure a two-year rolling Outage Plan is developed, published and agreed
- co-ordinating outages effectively
- maximising asset availability while minimising impacts on customers
- gaining agreement to plan variations
- assuring outages are optimised by collaborating with Delivery Planning and integrating with other stakeholders
- optimising outages
- assessing, scheduling and agreement of outage requirements
- taking ownership of the end-to-end outage process
- planning grid access
- liaising with stakeholders (Maintenance, Projects, service providers, System Operator and customers)
- distributing operational switching and access requirements in a timely manner.
If you have any questions or feedback on Outage Publication, please contact Andrew Twaddle, Works Co-ordination Manager.