Outage planning is managed by the Operations Planning Team.
Approach to 2018 outage planning
- Our Operations Planning Team have completed development of the 2018-19 Annual Outage Plan, which is available below.
What we do
We focus on the following areas:
- managing operational risk
- providing information in a timely manner
- identifying, analysing, mitigating and managing risk
- maintaining outage impact information
- producing a two-year Outage Plan
- collaborating with Works Planning and other stakeholders to ensure a two-year rolling Outage Plan is developed, published and agreed
- co-ordinating outages effectively
- maximising asset availability while minimising impacts on customers
- gaining agreement to plan variations
- assuring outages are optimised by collaborating with Delivery Planning and integrating with other stakeholders
- optimising outages
- assessing, scheduling and agreement of outage requirements
- taking ownership of the end-to-end outage process
- planning grid access
- liaising with stakeholders (Maintenance, Projects, service providers, System Operator and customers)
- distributing operational switching and access requirements in a timely manner.
If you have any questions or feedback on Outage Publication, please contact Andrew Twaddle, Works Outage Planning Manager.