We have produced a number of publications designed to:
- assist you to keep safe when working or playing around our transmission lines.
- assist you to understand our work on or over your property
Flying near power lines is dangerous as the conductors (wires) can be difficult to see.
- Helicopter use near transmission lines [ pdf 559.77 KB ]
In the rare event of a lightning strike or fault on the transmission line, towers or poles may transfer high voltage and dangerous currents into the ground for a very short instant.
- Earth Potential Rise Info Sheet.pdf [ pdf 1.46 MB ]
A best practice guide on the management of trees around transmission lines.
- Best practice forest management.pdf [ pdf 540.72 KB ]
This information sheet provides important information on Mycoplasma bovis and best practice measures in its containment.
- Mycoplasma Bovis Information Sheet [ pdf 577.9 KB ]
- Auckland Strategy Foundation document.pdf [ pdf 10.33 MB ]
This information sheet details Transpower's measures around biosecurity.
- Biosecurity Information Sheet [ pdf 636.53 KB ]
This factsheet provides information on the issues surrounding the growing and harvesting of forestry near transmission lines.
- Plantation Forestry Information Sheet [ pdf 693.27 KB ]
The Electricity Code of Practice provides minimum approach distances in and around transmission structures and conductors. These diagrams provide quick guidance and reference on minimum approach
This guide provides information on the types of issues that development near National Grid lines can have on the lines and, conversely, the issues National Grid lines can have on development.
- The Development Guide - Full [ pdf 13.74 MB ]
- Chapter 2 - What are the issues [ pdf 2.9 MB ]
- Chapter 3 - National grid yards and subdivision corridors [ pdf 871.9 KB ]
- Chapter 4 - Small scale residential development [ pdf 1.17 MB ]
- Chapter 5 - Large scale residential development [ pdf 1.77 MB ]
- Chapter 6 - Large scale redevelopment (Brownfield) [ pdf 574.86 KB ]
- Chapter 7 - Commercial and industrial development [ pdf 1.44 MB ]
- Chapter 8 - Open space and recreation [ pdf 1.46 MB ]
- Chapter 9 - Rural and forestry land use [ pdf 1.62 MB ]
- Chapter 10 - Planting near the national grid [ pdf 1 MB ]