We have produced a number of publications designed to:
- assist you to keep safe when working or playing around our transmission lines.
- assist you to understand our work on or over your property
- Landowner Information Sheet Health and Safety Final.pdf [ pdf 480.24 KB ]
A guide to help keep safe when working around transmission lines. Contact your landowner liaison officer if you wish to obtain copies of safety stickers for your mobile plant or signage for your
- Info Sheet - safety around Lines - horticulture - final.pdf [ pdf 352.14 KB ]
This information sheet details keeping safe during recreational activities near transmission lines.
- Recreation Information Sheet [ pdf 2.61 MB ]
A factsheet on the hazards of trees and vegetation around transmission lines with reference to the horticulture industry
- Horticulture work around transmission lines [ pdf 485.09 KB ]
General information notice in relation to the Electricity (Hazards from Trees) Regulations 2003.
- Hazard from Trees Notice [ pdf 39.61 KB ]
This brochure is a guide to safe working practices when working near our underground electricity and associated communication networks.
- Underground cable safety guidelines [ pdf 1.06 MB ]
Tower foundation replacement involves replacing the steel at and below the level of the ground, to ensure they continue to maintain the structural integrity of the tower.
- Tower Foundation Replacement [ pdf 407.02 KB ]
The Electrical Code of Practice sets minimum safe electrical distance requirements for overhead electric line installations/other works associated with the supply of electricity to consumers.
- New Zealand Electrical Code of Practice for Electrical Safe Distances [ pdf 874.96 KB ]
Over time, transmission poles may require replacement due to normal age-related wear and tear or to ensure safe ground clearances are maintained.
- Transmission Pole Replacement [ pdf 232.28 KB ]