We have produced a number of publications designed to:
- assist you to keep safe when working or playing around our transmission lines.
- assist you to understand our work on or over your property
We routinely check and assess the condition of that equipment to ensure the National Grid continues to provide a safe and secure power supply for the country.
- Transmission Line Condition Assessments and Patrols Work Overview [ pdf 311.68 KB ]
Tower painting is part of our routine maintenance activities to ensure they continue to provide a reliable service over their expected lifetimes.
- Tower Painting Work Overview [ pdf 646.28 KB ]
Tower foundation refurbishment involves reinforcing transmission tower foundations, to ensure they continue to accommodate the existing and future loadings expected in their lifetimes.
- Tower Foundation Refurbishment [ pdf 556.61 KB ]
Transmission line hardware is a general term describing the fittings on a structure (tower or pole) including those items attached to the conductor (wire).
- Routine Transmission Line Hardware Maintenance [ pdf 499.91 KB ]
Insulators insulate the line so that the electricity being transported stays on the line and does not become earthed through the supporting structure.
- Insulator and Hardware Maintenance Work Overview [ pdf 248.17 KB ]
Injurious affect occurs when an upgrade to the transmission line results in a permanent and non-negligible loss of value to your land.
- Injurious Affect [ pdf 318.55 KB ]
Access tracks are our means to access many of our towers and poles located on private land. They might also include bridges or culverts built to enable our access.
- Access Track Maintenance Work Overview [ pdf 360.67 KB ]
This brochure provides important information to ensure the safe use of machinery, mobile plant and vehicles near overhead transmission lines.
- Mobile Plant Information Sheet [ pdf 410.28 KB ]
Before constructing a new transmission line, Transpower must acquire property rights to the land traversed by the line route. This is achieved through an easement agreement with directly affected
- Easement factsheet [ pdf 231.97 KB ]