This page lists resources relating to land under and beside transmission lines.
If you see anything wrong with a Transpower line, or someone in danger around a line, phone our emergency 24-hour hotline 0800 THE GRID immediately.
Flying near power lines is dangerous as the conductors (wires) can be difficult to see.
- Helicopter user near transmission lines [ pdf 513.59 KB ]
This guide provides information on the types of issues that development near National Grid lines can have on the lines and, conversely, the issues National Grid lines can have on development.
- The Development Guide - Full [ pdf 13.74 MB ]
- Chapter 2 - What are the issues [ pdf 2.9 MB ]
- Chapter 3 - National grid yards and subdivision corridors [ pdf 871.9 KB ]
- Chapter 4 - Small scale residential development [ pdf 1.17 MB ]
- Chapter 5 - Large scale residential development [ pdf 1.77 MB ]
- Chapter 6 - Large scale redevelopment (Brownfield) [ pdf 574.86 KB ]
- Chapter 7 - Commercial and industrial development [ pdf 1.44 MB ]
- Chapter 8 - Open space and recreation [ pdf 1.46 MB ]
- Chapter 9 - Rural and forestry land use [ pdf 1.62 MB ]
- Chapter 10 - Planting near the national grid [ pdf 1 MB ]