This page lists resources relating to safety around our lines.
If you see anything wrong with a Transpower line, or someone in danger around a line, phone our emergency 24-hour hotline 0800 THE GRID immediately.
This factsheet provides information on the issues surrounding the growing and harvesting of forestry near transmission lines.
- Plantation forestry near transmission lines [ pdf 692.75 KB ]
This booklet provides rural landowners/occupiers with information about how to work with transmission lines on your land.
- Working on your land [ pdf 4.69 MB ]
This brochure provides guidance to operating large irrigators near existing overhead high voltage transmission lines, and suggests ways to avoid electrical hazards.
- Irrigators and Transmission Lines.pdf [ pdf 211.97 KB ]
A guide to help keep safe when working around transmission lines. Contact your landowner liaison officer if you wish to obtain copies of safety stickers for your mobile plant or signage for your
- Info Sheet - safety around Lines - horticulture - final.pdf [ pdf 352.14 KB ]
This information sheet details keeping safe during recreational activities near transmission lines.
- Recreation Information Sheet [ pdf 2.61 MB ]
A factsheet on the hazards of trees and vegetation around transmission lines with reference to the horticulture industry
- Horticulture work around transmission lines [ pdf 485.09 KB ]
General information notice in relation to the Electricity (Hazards from Trees) Regulations 2003.
- Hazard from Trees Notice [ pdf 39.61 KB ]
This brochure is a guide to safe working practices when working near our underground electricity and associated communication networks.
- Underground cable safety guidelines [ pdf 1.06 MB ]
The Electrical Code of Practice sets minimum safe electrical distance requirements for overhead electric line installations/other works associated with the supply of electricity to consumers.
- New Zealand Electrical Code of Practice for Electrical Safe Distances [ pdf 874.96 KB ]