An Asset Capability Statement (ACS) is an enduring schedule of information parameters about assets connected to the Power System.
Asset Owners are obliged to complete a relevant ACS whenever commissioning/decommissioning or modifying their assets. To get a better understanding of the general Asset Capability Information requirements before completing one, refer to the following document.
|Asset Capability Information Overview [ pdf 733.29 KB ]|
Draft ACS Template
The system operator acknowledges the gap in data provision in regards to inverter based energy storage assets that may be installed on the wider power system. We are seeking information from asset owners under clause 8.25(4) of the Code to allow the system operator to meet, and plan to meet, the Principle Performance Obligations (PPOs) as set out in Part 7 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code (the Code). The following draft document outlines the information sought by the system operator and the associated class of equipment to which certain information fields pertain.
Class A denotes an energy storage asset or a system comprising multiple assets that:
- has a maximum rated power discharge between 1 – 5 MW; or
- in the opinion of the system operator is unlikely to affect the system operator’s ability to meet, and plan to meet, the PPOs.
Class B denotes an energy storage asset or a system comprising multiple assets that:
- has a maximum rated power discharge greater than 5 MW; or
- in the opinion of the system operator is likely to affect the system operator’s ability to meet, and plan to meet, the PPOs.
Each energy storage asset, or system comprising of multiple assets, will be assessed on a case by case basis as to whether it may affect the performance of the grid. Where additional information is required this will be requested by the SO, or these assets/systems may be reclassified.
Note: This document is for individual assets or a system comprising multiple assets either directly connected to, or having a route of connection to, a single GXP. Aggregation of assets across multiple GXPs is to be considered as a separate issue.
|Energy Storage Asset ACS.xlsx [ xlsx 30.76 KB ] (version 1)|
Accessing the ACS Templates
To fill out an ACS template, click on the relevant link below. The Generator ACS opens up the Generator ACS database; the Grid Owner and Distributor ACS links open up spreadsheets. The spreadsheet needs to be saved to your personal drive and emailed to the System Operator:
|Generator ACS Database|
|Grid Owner ACS V2.0 [ xls 320 KB ]|
|Distributor ACS Version 6.0 [ xlsm 131.96 KB ]|
Submitting an ACS
You must fill in all of the information required and return the completed spreadsheet to the System Operator at firstname.lastname@example.org in the same format (Excel). Diagrams or drawings can be sent in PDF format.
Note for Generators: Please refer to the Asset Capability Information Overview for more information on completing the ACS.
Urgent Asset Capability Changes
An Asset Owner may need to urgently or temporarily change an asset capability when they:
- unexpectedly become aware that the capability of an asset may differ from the capability described in the most recent asset capability statement that has been provided to the System Operator; and
- determine it is not practicable to submit a new asset capability statement; and
- need to perform further investigations to determine or confirm the actual capability of the asset.
The following steps are to be taken by the Asset Owner once the asset capability change has been identified:
- Verbally notify the Energy Co-ordinator on 0800 535 123
- Download and complete the Urgent Asset Capability Change Form (MS Word and PDF versions are available below) then send to email@example.com
|FM-EA-011 Urgent Asset Capability Change Notice [ dotx 63.2 KB ]|
- The asset capability information provided on the Urgent Asset Capability Change Form is a temporary asset capability change and is only valid for the duration notified on the submitted form. Asset Capability information will revert back to the formally advised ACS information once the duration on the submitted form has passed.
- For temporary changes longer than one week a formal change to the ACS must be submitted.
If you have any queries about completing an ACS or submitting a completed ACS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.