As owner and operator of the National Grid, Transpower needs to undertake scheduled maintenance activities at the Waiotahe substation and on the connecting line from Edgecumbe to ensure a reliable supply of electricity to Opotiki, Waiotahe, Te Kaha and the surrounding areas.
To undertake the work, a power outage to Opotiki, Waiotahe, Te Kaha and the surrounding areas is required on Sunday 10 June from 7:30AM to 5:30PM.
To check if your property is affected, please contact your retailer (the company you pay your electricity bill to) with your customer/ICP number.
Transpower recognises that there is never an ideal time for consumers to be without electricity and apologises for any inconvenience this power outage may cause.
Preparing for the power outage
1. If you are reliant on electricity for medical support equipment, please contact your medical provider for advice.
2. Turn off all electronic appliances at the wall (microwaves, TVs, DVDs, computers etc).
3. Lift and store enough drinking water from personal water wells before the power goes off.
4. If you are on shift work, fill up your petrol tank the night before – remember pumps and eftpos won’t work.
5. While the power is off, treat all power lines and electrical wiring as being live at all times as it could be restored earlier than planned.
For further information: Please contact Geoff Wishart, Stakeholder Engagement Manager on 021 574 877.