By accessing, using or linking to this website you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with anything below then you should stop accessing, using or linking to this website immediately.
Transpower may change these terms and conditions from time to time. If you use this website regularly then you should check these terms and conditions regularly for any changes.
The contents of this website are provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Transpower:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website or its contents; and
- excludes all liability for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of this website, whether or not such loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised Transpower of the possibility of the loss or damage.
Without limiting the generality of the above:
- all power system data on this website is provided to give indicative information only on the status of New Zealand's power system. The data may not be accurate or up-to-date. You should confirm the accuracy and currency of the data before relying on it; and
- although Transpower uses reasonable endeavours to ensure any apps or other software made available by it on this website are suitable for downloading, installation and use, Transpower does not warrant any such software is free of malicious code, without defects, compatible with other software or operating systems or suitable for any specific purpose.
Nothing on this website constitutes:
- an offer by Transpower to sell you any products or services; or
- Transpower’s consent, or an indication that Transpower will consent, to any development or other activity you may wish to carry out.
Third party content and links
Some content on this website may be taken from sources external to Transpower. Transpower does not necessarily share the opinions expressed or endorse the material appearing in that content.
Transpower does not monitor or review the content of non-Transpower websites that are linked from this website. Transpower does not necessarily share the opinions expressed or endorse the material appearing on those websites. Transpower does not control the content of those websites and is not the publisher of that content.
This website hosts:
- feeds from external social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn; and
- discussion groups, bulletin boards and other interactive facilities.
Transpower does not necessarily share the opinions expressed or endorse the material appearing on those channels and facilities. Transpower does not control the non-Transpower content of those channels and facilities and is not the publisher of that content. From time to time Transpower may, at its discretion, monitor the content of the channels and facilities and remove or request the removal of some content, but does not routinely or continuously do so.
You must not add any content to a social medial channel or interactive facility hosted on this website that:
- is likely to provoke, threaten or offend others
- is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- contains swear words or other language likely to offend
- breaks the law or condones or encourages unlawful activity
- is in the nature of spam (repeated/identical posts)
- discloses confidential or commercially sensitive information
- discloses other people’s personal information without their consent
- is defamatory or otherwise known by you to be untrue
- breaches a third party’s intellectual property rights.
If you create a link to this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Transpower may, at any time at its discretion:
- restrict your access to all or any part of this website, including by making all or any part of this website available on a registration or subscription basis only; and
- cancel your registration or subscription for all or any part of this website.
Unless otherwise stated on this website, any information you provide through this website and/or networks will be used only by Transpower and its service providers for the purposes of operating, monitoring and maintaining this website and/or networks. Transpower will not provide any such information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly consent to it.
This website may use Internet “cookies”. Cookies are small files of information stored by a browser on your computer's hard drive and are a feature common to many websites. They are mainly used to improve your site experience with features such as remembering your login details and personalising areas to make them more relevant for you.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in the underlying source code of this website and all website design, text, graphics, software and other material on this website belong to Transpower New Zealand Limited or its licensors. No part of this website may be reproduced without Transpower New Zealand Limited's prior written consent, except to the extent allowed by law.
"Transpower" and the Transpower logo are registered trade marks of Transpower New Zealand Limited in New Zealand. "The National Grid" and the names of Transpower's products and services featured on this website are trade marks of Transpower New Zealand Limited.
The names of third parties and the names of their products and services featured on this website are trade marks of the relevant third party, and may be registered trade marks in New Zealand and elsewhere.
If you add content to an interactive facility hosted on this website then by doing so, to the extent you own or have the right to sub-licence the intellectual property rights in that content, you grant Transpower a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use that content for any purpose.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand. All disputes arising out of your access to this website are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
If any of these terms or conditions is deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will continue to apply.