As owner and operator of the National Grid, Transpower needs to complete important line and substation maintenance work to ensure a reliable supply of electricity to Te Kaha, Waihau Bay, Omaio, Torere and the surrounding areas.
To complete this important work, a power outage to these areas is required next Saturday 21 January, from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
To check if your property is affected, please contact your retailer (the company you pay your electricity bill to) with your customer/ICP number.
Transpower recognises that there is never an ideal time for consumers to be without electricity and apologises for any inconvenience this power outage may cause.
Preparing for the power outage
- If you are reliant on electricity for medical support equipment, please contact your medical provider for advice.
- Turn off all electronic appliances at the wall (microwaves, TVs, DVDs, computers etc).
- Lift and store enough drinking water from personal water wells before the power goes off.
- If you are on shift work, fill up your petrol tank the night before – remember pumps and eftpos won’t work.
- While the power is off, treat all power lines and electrical wiring as being live at all times as it could be restored earlier than planned.
For further information, please contact Clea Marshall, Communications Business Partner, on 027 807 9904.