Our customer engagement
We hold our customers in high regard and evolve our services to meet their needs. We work proactively and collaboratively with individual customers to understand their businesses, and to develop the best grid connection and supply of services. We offer a full end-to-end connection package for all Grid connections – particularly those seeking to electrify – and aim to keep our systems and processes as simple and uncomplicated as possible.
We have developed measures and targets for our service performance. Each customer will receive an individualised Customer Engagement Plan to help us provide a more efficient and valuable service.
How we work with you and for you
As well as balancing energy supply and demand for New Zealand consumers, Transpower also negotiates work on behalf of customer. There is a balance between potentially competing interests of the wider New Zealand power needs and the services requirements of our individual customers. Transpower’s Services Framework clarifies the services and expectations of what we deliver and our target measures around them. The framework is renewed every two to three years.
Tailored information – My Transpower portal
Our Customers have access to a range of resources in My Transpower – our log-in access portal including:
- Operational Standards and resources
- Controlled documents
- Transmission pricing information specific to your company
- Customer team contacts
- Customer updates
Subscription Services to Access Transpower Standards
Transpower is enabling paid access to Transpower standards to inform practice and independent standard development, for industry related organisations in New Zealand. Outside of this service Transpower standards can only be used to conduct work commissioned by Transpower.
Transpower is offering interested parties’ access to the existing standards through an annual subscription-based service. The service will be delivered through our Transpower.co.nz webpages.
A cost model has been established based on the distinct use cases that initial queries and known industry activities have identified.
Subscription Rate Summary
Own Use & Reference
Own Use &
Own Use &
Operations, Maintenance and Delivery Standards
1 access log-in
3 access logins
with Design Standards
5 access logins
with Design Standards
Explanatory Information on the standards will be provided as supporting service priced at NZ$275hour.
There are several standards that are restricted to internal use only. Those restricted to internal use mostly include Asset Strategies and Administration standards. The standards being made available can be found here.
For more information on the subscription service and to subscribe please email [email protected]
Access to industry news and updates
Transpower's customer team regularly host update sessions for our connected customers.
October webinar slides here.
- How we are managing our customer investigations and delivery projects, alongside our other work
- GM Grid Delivery Mark Ryall discussed moving from recovery to resilience in the Hawkes Bay, and took the opportunity to look at some of the workforce challenges and opportunities we are seeing in the short, medium and long-term
- We discussed our recently released Corporate Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) thought paper
- Thanks for your engagement and questions, especially around resilience at Redclyffe and Whirinaki and our FTE projections. If you'd like to give feedback or suggest topics for our next webinar please email Head of Customer and Commerical Tim Duguid