The Transpower CommunityCare Fund assists those communities affected by Transpower assets and projects by investing in community-based projects that add real value and benefit to the community as a whole.
The fund makes one-off grants between $5,000 and $50,000 for projects in communities along the existing National Grid route, as well as communities affected by new Transpower projects.
In addition to applications from communities affected by existing overhead transmission assets Transpower allocates CommunityCare funding in relation to new projects.
Expressions of Interest for the Winter 2020 round are open until 30 April 2020.
How to apply for funding
Funding applications are reviewed twice yearly by the CommunityCare Fund's independent panel - a Summer round and a Winter round. In order to apply you must:
- submit an Expression of Interest using our webform by 31 October (for the Summer funding round) or 30 April (for the Winter funding round)
- if invited to do so, submit a Full Application form using a link sent to you. Full applications must be submitted by 31 January (for the Summer funding round) or 31 July (for the Winter funding round).
The panel meet in March (for the Summer round) and September (for the Winter round), and applicants are notified shortly after.
Who can apply for funding?
Any independent, local, non-profit organisation or community group, non-government organisation, charity, school or educational institution, iwi or regional or district council can apply.
You now can check where your community is in relation to our assets with our new interactive map.
The CommunityCare Fund will consider funding for:
- projects in communities in close proximity to the grid and who are affected by Transpower assets (typically communities no greater than 5 km away from our overhead lines)
- one-off projects between $5,000 - $50,000
- lasting projects that benefit the wider community
- projects that have a high level of community involvement and participation
- committed projects that have already raised some funds from other sources.
The CommunityCare Fund will not consider funding for:
- administrative, operational or ongoing costs, for example: salaries, rent, event/programme costs
- individuals, political organisations or other foundations that make grants
- projects generally funded by the government
- projects that have already been completed
- projects that compromise Transpower's policies for managing the National Grid.
Please refer to the application guidelines below to get a better feel for what our Panel will be looking for in your application - we have recently added some further criteria to ensure outcomes that reflect our strategy.
What about GST?
It is important to remember that the treatment of GST on your grant application relates to your organisation's GST status.
- If you are a non-registered GST organisation then you should ensure that the amount you apply for includes the GST needed to pay the costs of goods and services related to your project that you expect to pay.
- If you are a GST registered organisation, then you should ensure that the amount you apply for excludes GST on the goods and services needed for your project. However, on a separate line, the GST that will be incurred against the total application should be detailed.
If you have any queries please contact us:
- Phone: 04 590 7005
- Email the CommunityCare Fund